Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hey momma! And everyone else :) So we SCORED and had to wait the longest possible amount of time for P day......It's been a long week! But I'll start from the beginning. At least I'll try. Soooo the first day we got here and I got all my nametags, went to my room and dropped off my luggage, and then went to my classroom to meet my district and companions. My district is pretty cool actually I'm lucky! There's three elder companionships and two sister companionships. All of us are going to the same mission except for one sister is going to the St. George Visitor's center and two of the Elders are going to Oakland, California. I'm actually in a trio, not a companionship. My companions are Elder Crockett and Elder Atwood. Elder Crockett's from Mountain Home, Idaho, and he's a pretty cool guy. He's always in a good mood but some times he has a hard time focusing haha but I love him he's great! Elder Atwood's actually a Canadian! He's from Jaffrey, British Columbia and he's a really cool guy I like him a lot. He says "aboot" and "eh" haha it's awesome I have a tally in my notebook of all the times he's said them :) So yeah we're a good companionship and we all get along really well! Anyways after I met them we went to lunch, dinner, etc, and then had class. I honestly couldn't tell you all that's happened the past few days, they're all blended into one.....Oh yeah I got called as the District Leader. Which basically means I conduct all the classes/meetings, pick up the mail, go to a bunch of meetings on Sunday....which are as fun as they sound! Haha no I enjoy doing it and I'm happy to serve the district. Ummmm last night we had a devotional and Elder Nelson came and talked! It was sweet I was like 50 yards away from him. He's seriously one of the funniest guys. I love seeing the Apostles out of character! They're so easy going. He and his wife talked about the Book of Mormon. They passed out the Ensign last week and said get aquainted with it. Now we know why! What else.....Teaching the Gospel is hard work! Honestly the first couple days were the WORST! I had no idea how to teach and I felt like I couldn't interpret the Spirit at all. But they always say make it to Sunday and I did and it honestly was night and day for me. I'm loving it here now and I really enjoy it. I love my district and companions. We all get along super well and that makes this a million times easier. The food is pretty good! It varies every day but it's always delicious! Sunday was really good. Except they found out I played the piano....so I played during Priesthood! Who would have thought.... We get to go to the Temple every P day at the 7:20 session so it's early! But I loved it as usual. We go to the gym about 4-5 times a week and I usually play basketball or volleyball. It's really fun it takes the stress out of my day. Haha they had this big meeting on stress management two days ago and it was sweet! We all felt so good afterward hahaha. Umm that's about it! I'll answer all of the questions I got! Seriously getting mail is better than Christmas. And that's no exaggeration. I LOVE getting letters. Yeah Dad Dearelder's get here the same day you write them so that's the easiest way to get to me. I check the mail after lunch and after dinner. I love getting them! So feel free to write :) Mom go ahead and send those lancets and stuff to the mission home in like a week. That would be great. And thanks for sending all of that stuff! :) I forgot a lot so I need you to send me some things if that's okay :) I'll write them in a little bit. Tell the rest of the family and EVERYBODY to write me! Letters or dearelders work it doesn't matter to me. I just love hearing from the outside world! Haha going to the temple was nice today because it was the first time I got off of this campus in a week! The rest of the district went on a temple walk on sunday but I had Branch Council :( Hey I sent the forms to you today so they should be there sometime this week. I kept forgetting to send them haha are you surprised? :) It's weird to me that Calista is like two minutes away....it's so quiet here we never here car horns, trains, anything. It's like we're in the middle of nowhere haha. BY the way everyone is very impressed with my tie collection :) all 27 of them made a difference :) haha. My Branch Presidency is awesome. President Anderson is a very lovable man and he always hugs us! And Brother Baird and Brother Hill are really cool too. I love meeting with them. Okay before I forget, Mom, I need my black vans, my lucky brand jeans (the lighter color out of the two pair that I have), my camel pack, annnndd whatever else you want to send me :) Well I can't think of anything else.....Know that I'm alive, doing really well and loving it so far! Two years is a long time but I'm excited to be here doing the Lord's work! I'll be sending letters to everyone that sent them to me so don't think I forgot about any of you! I seriously love letters and hearing from you so feel free to do so! I love you all enjoy life! Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment