Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Alright this place is starting to feel like a prison! I don't even know how the foreign missionaries handle it haha. I'm enjoying being here and learning but when I go to the temple and look down over the valley it makes me feel so claustrophobic! But only one more week :) We got our travel plans the other day, and I leave on Tuesday at 4am for the airport, then our flight leaves at 7 for Denver, and we have a half hour layover before we leave for Edmonton. We'll get there about noon. I honestly feel like I've only been here a week, time flies by so fast on the mission. The best part is that we only have one class today because of Pday, then tomorrow is a normal day with two classes (we have to teachers and they switch off teaching morning and afternoons), then friday is In-Field Orientation so no class, then Saturday is General Conference! So I like to tell myself I'm basically done :) Yeah dad we stay here for General Conference, and we just watch it in the Lorenzo Snow building where they do all of the devotionals. While the Elders watch priesthood, the sisters watch the Relief Society broadcast that they taped for them. Speaking of devotionals, Elder Dan R. Clarke of the Seventy came and spoke last night about obedience. It was a really good devotional, and what made it even cooler is that he's the guy I quoted a million times in my farewell talk! Haha so it was cool to see him in person. He didn't quote me though :( I'm glad to hear Grandma Read is doing well, I don't have her address or email address so I can't send her anything, so either tell her to send me something or send it to me in a letter, not an email. I can only check this on Wednesdays for now. I'm not sure when my Pday will be in the field. Mom that $2.50 was for the food at the temple. We skip breakfast for the temple so we eat as a zone in there every week. It's the mana of the gods in there! I love temple food. And it's so cheap! Haha that's cool that everyone got a new phone! As long as my number is there waiting for me when I get back :) Mom THANK YOU for the package! I love getting mail, if you didn't already know :) Seriously. But yeah the camelback will be nice because I want it for hot summer days (which believe it or not actually exist in Edmonton according to Elder Atwood). Yeah dad we I have branch council every morning at 7:45 and then leadership training from 8:15 until 9:00. Then I'm free! So not too bad, and my companions just study outside while we all meet. We've been teaching a TON lately. We've gotten a lot better at teaching as a trio, but at first it was hard so have so many ideas bouncing around. The Spirit's great though we rely on it like you wouldn't believe! Hey random thought! So Sister Sellers (Jessica) is in here with me and I seriously see her like 3 times a day. It's cool because we worked at Target together so it's a little piece of home! She leaves for Riverside California next week I think so that'll be cool. Okay I don't have much else to say. I'm alive! Love you guys, Steven P.S. yeah mom my blood sugars are doing fine, and I have all of the things I need in case of emergencies. My companions are sooo excited to stab me if I pass out :) And tell Grandma I'm doing great and that she shouldn't worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment