Monday, September 9, 2013

My Last Epistle

Heyyyy everyone!

So my last P Day has finally come! Elder Thompson is getting a named Elder Ganley. He's sweet I think they'll do really well together. I can't believe it's finally coming to an end. This week went by much faster than I anticipated. It still hasn't hit me yet to be honest. I think it's just been a gradual feeling.

On Wednesday we went to Valleyview for my last district meeting, and wouldn't you know it I forgot my training on the kitchen table! Again. So for the 3rd out of 5 times I winged it haha.

So it's pretty well over for me. I still haven't even started packing, so I'll do that after we're done here. I also have to do laundry, and start de-junking haha. Tomorrow we're leaving in the morning sometime and going Edmonton. I'm stopping in Spruce Grove to visit a couple people and we're eating dinner with the Sukhu's my favorite family! Then we'll be staying with Elder Nabrotzky and his companion :) So it'll be a family reunion before I die! They also live in the old Southwood apartment which is where I started my mission, so that'll be cool to go back.

On Wednesday the zone leaders called and asked to spend the night because they had to do a baptismal interview in Peace River and wouldn't get back in time. So we had a party! It was good to see them one last time before I leave.

Yesterday I gave my farewell talk here! Haha so I get to two talks within two weeks of each other. Lucky me! My topic was "What can I learn about Gospel learning from the Savior's example?" It was sweet.

This week we did a lot of finding, but we still haven't found anyone. It's been a trying 4 months but I've learned a lot with Elder Thompson. I'll miss him a lot. Whenever you serve with someone for this long it's always hard to leave. He and Elder Ganley will do well together! My mind was so frazzled this week I was a zombie just following him around haha.

Honestly I don't really care what we do when I get home. I don't anticipate sleeping much Wednesday night (Elder Penrod will be there haha), so I'll probably want a nap or something. Outside that go ahead and plan whatever! I'll go where you want me to go.

Well....I wish I had something inspirational or life-changing to tell you haha. My mission has been the best decision I have ever made and I'm eternally grateful for the things I've learned and the people I've met. There is no experience on earth that could rival this one. I recommend it to anyone! I'll miss the mantle of being a missionary a lot. I know now more than I ever have that God lives, that He cares for each and every one of His children, and that He knows us perfectly. I've seen that so many times out here. My testimony has been strengthened a million times over. I'll miss it out here, but I'm excited to come home too! Two years is the perfect amount time. I appreciate your guys' support over the past two years! It's made the journey much easier :) The church is true!

Here's one last picture of Elder Thompson and I, and the giant bee in Falher!

Love you all! See you on Thursday.

Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment