Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Transfers Transfers Transfers


So today the library finally opened! We came yesterday fully expecting to email but it was still closed :( But that's okay. Transfers were today. Elder Merrell went zone leader and my new companion is Elder Wood, he's from Idaho. But I don't remember where. I'll let you know when I find out. He seems like a cool guy. I don't really know haha transfer meeting was literally 2 hours ago and we've been with other missionaries the whole time so I haven't talked to him much. We'll see! Our whole zone got jumbled big time. Almost all of the areas got switched so all of my friends are gone which sucks but the new guys will be good I'm sure. They had 10 new missionaries come out this transfer so a lot of people are training. It's gonna be good! Man this weather is so crazy. Normally there's 3 feet of snow on the ground and it's sitting at like -4 F. But it's been about 30 F all winter so far. Canadians are throwing a fit about how amazing it is, and other missionaries are telling me how lucky I am that it's so warm. Haha. January will be the real test! I wish I had a car though, walking is starting to get old...oh well hopefully only 6 more weeks! Hey it was great to talk with you guys on Sunday, I miss you all like crazy! Tell everyone and their mom to write me letters, I love those things! :) Christmas was good. After I called you guys we went to dinner at a member's house, then came home and relaxed it was sweet. Yesterday Elder Merrell and I celebrated our companionship by cooking a turkey! Some members in another ward gave their missionaries two turkeys, so they gave us one haha. We cooked it and we have sooooo much turkey it's unbelievable. We overcooked it a little bit so it's a little dry but still good. Anyways life's good. Hope things are going well back home.
 
 
Love you guys,
 
Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment