Monday, January 16, 2012

Happy Birthday to me!

You heard right! Saturday was indeed my 4th birthday. It was without a doubt the fastest 4 months of my life. I can't believe I've been on my mission that long. But more importantly, I can't believe it's been more than 120 days since I sat in the driver seat of a car! I've probably forgotten how to drive. Just kidding, but really, I wish I could drive. So this week was good! The weather held out all of this week until yesterday, but I'll talk about that later. We still don't have very many people to teach haha. We had a lot of sweet potential people to try this week and they either weren't home or we received the classic "I'll call you" haha. So things are still slow but that's okay that's how winter is apparently. Today I went to the doctor's office finally haha. I've been meaning to go for awhile but I've been putting it off. There's a member in the area that sees all of the missionaries in our mission, and so it was a pretty quick visit. They didn't really do much besides talk to me and give me an order for a blood-draw. The lab was across town so we had to drive over there and then found out that it was an hour wait without an appointment. So we scheduled it for next week. Anyways, it'll be nice because she wrote a standing order which means I can just go straight to the lab every 3 months to get the test done, so it should be pretty easy from here on out. Today we also did laundry and we're basically doing laundry for free until the new card gets here. I called and they said that they sent the new one out, but to keep using the old one until then. So I'm not complaining :) The weather is terrible right now haha. It was something like 8 C on Friday, pretty mild again on Saturday, then yesterday it plummeted to -20 C. Right not it's sitting at about -30 C without wind chill. Tomorrow 's supposed to be even colder! The rule is that at -35 we can't be out for more than an hour and at -40 we can only travel by car to appointments. Tomorrow is supposed to be about -40 with wind chill so we might be inside for some of it ha. I'm afraid this whole mild winter "la nina" thing might be over....But oh well! Hey just FYI, I lost my gloves on the other side of the city on Saturday while doing service.....so I have to buy new ones.....I know I know. I lose everything haha. Hanzel and Grettel right? :) Sorry this is a super short email.....I don't have much else to write about  haha boring week! I love and miss you guys and I'm glad to hear you're doing well!
 
 
Love you guys,
 
Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment