Tuesday, March 19, 2013

To My Future Posterity

I started my journal off like that the other day and so I decided that I'd try the same for my email home! (Side note: I want to print all the emails off that I've sent home when I get home.....if that makes sense haha. Can I do that when I get home?) anyways, let me tell you about our week!

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday were pretty crazy. Monday night we skipped FHE to plan our trainings, but we didn't finish. Then Tuesday was interviews with El Presidente himself, and we were at the church until dinner checking planners and area books and/or planning our trainings. We finally finished them in time to give the first one at the Stake Coordination Meeting that night. It went well! It was a little hard to train with Brother Svenson just because we're so used to teaching together, but it worked out alright.

Zone Conference was sweet. We felt like our training went well and nobody died so it was a success in our book!

So now all of that is done and we're on Cloud Nine! We went on exchanges on Friday with the Strathcona elders and I brought Elder Hale here. He's 6'8" and I'm a humble 5'5" so it was funny street contacting downtown. We got some sweet looks :)

It randomly went from 5 C to -15 C and it's dumped almost 2 feet of snow in the past 3 days. It's crazy! Here we were thinking Spring was coming soon. Not!

We taught Frane this week, and finished the Plan of Salvation. She told us it was amazing and that she didn't believe in Reincarnation anymore! It was a really good lesson she's solid!

Andy is still on date to be baptized on April 13th. We taught him the Word of Wisdom on Friday because he smokes, but he told us that a week ago his girlfriend told him to stop, so he did haha. He's sweet.

This week is the last week of the transfer! Elder Coe and I will almost indefinitely come to an end. 3 transfers is as long as I've ever seen. But I'm bummed because I'm so used to him haha it'll be weird adjusting to someone else. We have two exchanges this week with Forest Heights and Tofield so another busy week! But in a better/less stressful way.

That's all I've got for ya! I'll attach some pictures for you of the Star Wars thing last week. Have a good week :)

Love you guys,

Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment