Monday, March 25, 2013

I Miss Elder Coe :(

I feel like I have sooooo much to tell you every week! Does anybody get annoyed that I basically just give a stream of consciousness every week? Haha or does this work? Feedback if you please.

This week was an unexpected gong show! Let me start with Monday night.

We had just finished planning for the night, and I had changed into shorts and a hoodie. I decided I would spend my evening laying on the couch and sleep until bed time haha. So I laid down for 5 minutes, and then the phone started buzzing like it normally does at least 17 times every night (not really, but you know what I mean). I look at the Caller ID and it's President Campbell. It then clicks that tonight is the night of the AP call! I answer the phone and my heart leaps for joy when he asks for Elder Coe, who is currently in the washroom. So I call out to him that President's on the phone and he doesn't believe me! So I spend 30 seconds trying to coerce him off of the throne, but he thinks I'm lying! So I tell President that he's in the washroom, put the phone on mute, and then yell at Elder Coe that he had better come out, or I'm coming in. Once again he says no, so I go over, open the door and throw the phone in like a hand grenade. Mission accomplished. So he packed the rest of the night, and then left early Tuesday morning. I then spent the week in a trio with the Strathcona elders, Elder Mann and Elder Hale. It's been fun! This is the second time I've been ina trio because of an AP call (remember in Red Deer with Elder Kember?).

But to be honest I really miss Elder Coe! I've been with him forever we're practically the same person now. I keep wanting to make inside jokes but neither of my comps know what I'm saying haha. I'm so used to the Coester it's been a rough transition. I learned a ton from that guy, it was definitely an inspired companionship. But at least he's close and we'll get to go on exchanges this transfer :)

So we had to cancel our two exchanges this week. But I felt bad canceling on Tofield since Elder Deladurantaye is going home, and I was canceling his last exchange. So I talked to the Assistants and I decided we should drive the hour out to Vegreville where their apartment is and interview them at least. It was good!

It's been crazy cramming two areas into one schedule this week, but it worked pretty well. We met with Andy this week and he's so prepared! We taught the 10 Commandments and decided to include the Law of Chastity with it and it went amazing. We also taught about the Sabbath Day and he said he'd for sure come to church this week and he did! We think he'll be ready for his April 13th baptismal date :)

We also met with Frane and she's solid! We taught the first half of lesson 1 aka Prophets, and she agreed with it! I love Chinese people.

They opened Yellowknife this transfer, which is the most northern point of our mission! I'm super jealous of the missionaries going up there. It's far enough away that they have to drive for two days....Crazy!

I totally didn't even tell you who my new companion is haha. I'm staying in Millcreek and am getting Elder Weber! He's way sweet we've served around each other before, and he's been out for a little over a year. That's pretty much all I know about him! I'm excited though. Our whole zone got rocked this transfer, and almost every area is changing. Pretty crazy! I'm excited to go back to my area though.....and sleep in my own bed :)

That's all for this week! Mom no package yet but it'll probably be there by Wednesday for Transfer Meeting. Thanks for all you do! Have a good week.

Love you guys!

Elder Read

PS here's a picture of me with a Maple Leaf we found downtown! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment