Tuesday, April 17, 2012

More Snow!

Hello Mother Read!

    This week was a nifty little experience! But I'll get to that
later. It sounds like you guys had an eventful week! Sorry to hear
Calista isn't a pageant queen, but from the sound of it I don't think
she's too devastated! Mom that's sweet that you got to see all of your
siblings! Yeah send me that picture of all of you! I'm glad you guys
had fun though.

    Winter did indeed return to the Great White North. I'm soooo done
with snow! I'm ready to come back to Oregon and drown in the rain. At
least it goes away after awhile and doesn't linger like a sore back!
Actually the snow melted again by mid week and then it started to
rain! :) I was dancing like wild man I loved it! I miss the rain it
reminded me of home. Elder Fifita......is sick again! Hahaha I knew if
I said something I'd jinx it! We aren't sure what he has but it's
taken off it's jacket and set up a cabin. Haha I'm convinced I'll
never see him healthy. Transfers are in two weeks (May 2) and chances
are I'll get someone else. Oh well, he's handled it pretty well all
things considered. I would still be in bed if it was me. He's always
hacking up his lung and he sounds like a chain smoker! Hopefully he'll
get better soon. But I won't get too excited :)

    Hey Mom thanks for the package I got it yesterday! Hahaha those
clothes are all small though. But I'm determined to fit back into
them! :) Good thing all my suit pants are expandable waists haha. When
I was with Elder Merrell he hit his original weight and he gained 30
pounds in 6 months hahaha. So there's hope my friends! I have yet to
pass 20. We literally get fed every time we stop by a member's house.
I'm ready to start pulling my "I can't I'm diabetic" card. But I hate
that, so we'll see. Moral of the story: Go somewhere where you eat
tree bark.

    So we taught two discussions this week. It was awesome it's been
too long. One we taught on Sunday, and it was a referral from a member
we got last week. The guy really enjoyed it and the spirit was strong.
After the lesson he asked us when we could meet again so we're gonna
meet again on Sunday. The other one was another member referral. She's
been coming to church for a couple of months and she was taught the
first discussion awhile back but was scared off for whatever reason.
We've been talking to her and trying to build her trust for a long
time though, and he lesson went really well. We feel like she's
comfortable with us and she understands we're normal people haha.
We're meeting with her next week too. The less-active family that came
to church last week skipped out this week! So we're gonna stop by
today and find out why. It was a good week though. Keep our
investigators in your prayers!

    That's all I've got this week. Not too much to report on, but in
other news I've been working on the same Sudoku puzzle every night for
the past 3 days. It's a doozy I can't figure it out! Anywho, have a
good week and be smart!


Love you guys,

Elder Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment