Monday, August 13, 2012

Happy 11 Months!

Hello dear family and all other listeners!

Tuesday I hit 11 months! Man it's flying by. This time next year it'll have been a year. Crazy. So we had a nifty little week! We started it off by dropping every single investigator we have haha. Very productive. None of them were progressing or willing to do anything, so we started off Tuesday with 3 investigators and by the end of the day we had zero. We met with them all and told them though, we didn't just stop talking to them haha. So we spent quite a bit of time finding this week. It paid off too! Yesterday at church this lady from China walked in and said she had just moved from Vancouver and was looking for a church, so she walked down the street to ours! She wants to know more about the church and what we believe in, so we're going over to her house tomorrow afternoon and hopefully teaching her the first lesson. THEN we were out contacting potentials yesterday night and we decided to go try Ray, a potential from about a year ago. He answered the door and we started talking, and actually ended up talking on his doorstep for about 45 minutes it was sweet! We shared the first vision and Moroni 10:3-5 and talked about the Book of Mormon and he started tearing up and told us we could definitely come back. So we're going back tomorrow night :) Way cool! It was a super good day yesterday.

We've been biking this week too it's soo sweet! I love it. Let me tell you, I've never felt like a missionary until I started riding bikes! We only have 150 clicks in this area so we try and bike as much as often. Plus it's good exercise :)

Hey Mom before I forget, we went to get an A1C this week.....but we got there and I realized I forgot my wallet.....so I rescheduled for next week haha. I'll get there I promise! Also, so Jessica Sellers was in the MTC at the same time as I was, and she stayed in the same room as the sisters in my MTC district. So Sister West, who was in that room with her, is now in my district here, so she wants to know how Jessica is doing. Do you know? Haha random I know.

Sunday we broke into a car! One of the girls in the YSA ward came to church early, just as we were leaving, and told us she had locked her keys in her trunk....so Elder Cone used his expertise to sneak a hanger down adn pull up the lock. It was very impressive. I've never actually witnessed someone using a hanger so it was quite interesting to see.

So today the Sukhu's were driving to Calgary, and so they drove through Red Deer and called me up and we went out to lunch! It was awesome to see them. Tony just got ordained a Priest, and they've got Hometeaching and Visiting Teaching routes they're way excited. It's cool to see they're still doing well :) Hopefully I'll be near Edmonton when they go through the temple! Woo!

The other day I was thinking how sweet it is to see all of the different people in Canada and where they're from. Our Ward Mission Leader is from South Africa, yesterday we ate dinner with an older couple from Zimbabwe, the day before that we ate dinner at a lady's house that was from Switzerland, etc. It's awesome I actually really enjoy seeing people around here and where they're from.

This week we'll finally get mail! I've been waiting for what seems like an eternity for mail to get here, and finally the Zone Leaders drove up to Edmonton this week! So we'll get mail today!

I'm trying to think of what else happened....and I'm drawing a blank haha. I'm doing really well though, and I'm still learning the area slowly haha. I still refuse to drive and don't see that changing any time soon! Elder Cone loves to drive though so it's all good. Anywho, we're going to shop. Glad to hear you're all alive!

Love you guys,

Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment