Monday, August 6, 2012

Thunderstorms!

Hey team!

Libraries are closed this week because of some random Canadian holiday. I'm not really sure what exactly it is though haha. So we're in the Family History Center at the church! They let us come in here it's way sweet. So no hour time limit like at the library!

This week was another crazy one! But a little less than last week. I'm starting to get the hang of the area, and another week at church helped too. We visited a lot of members this week trying to get to know more people, and we taught 19 member lessons it was crazy! Every mission is so different, because I don't remember the missionaries ever calling us to come by and share a message with our family, but honestly that's how we spend 70% of our time. I love it! Members are so good to us :)

I did baptismal interview for a little 9-year-old girl, and it was way cool! It's amazing to me to see young people like that, who honestly probably have stronger testimonies than I do. I was amazed at the knowledge she had, because I definitely didn't have it when I was that age. Children are amazing!

I'm still boycotting driving! It's beautiful just being able to relax, enjoy the scenery, save money, etc. I'll drive again when I'm in the land of sensible speed limits again :) Think of the money we'll save!

We went on exchanges with the Zone Leaders on Friday, it was awesome. I love exchanges. We drove out to Sylvan Lake, which is a little town about 20 minutes outside of Red Deer, and spent most of the day out there. I was with Elder Morely, who was also my Zone Leader in Spruce Grove for a little while, so it was cool to see him again.

We've had some crazy weather lately! Alberta gets some wild thunder storms, and Saturday night we had the biggest one I've ever witnessed. We had just gotten into bed and all of the sudden we heard this super loud thunder and lightning illuminated our room. So we got up and went out on the deck and I saw the most lightning I've ever seen in my life! It was honestly like the movies, where there's no pause between each lightning strike, and the rain's coming down in buckets, etc. It was so cool! So we stayed up for about an hour and watched it. I didn't even think to get pictures though....

The other night we went to a members house and she made us sushi! I was in heaven. I honestly think it's one of my favorite foods without a doubt. She even gave us all of the extras to take home! It didn't last very long.

Hey the Trek sounds like it was way sweet! I'm glad you guys had fun. Yeah Mom I heard about Sam! That's crazy about his appendicitis, now he's part of the club! It's all the rage to get appendicitis on vacation :) I'm glad he's doing alright. So this area is pretty much dead hahahaha so I wish I had more to tell you.....but I don't :) This isn't the first dead area that I've come into though, so hopefully things will pick up like all of the other ones. Time's flying though, so that's good! Anywyas, that's all I've got for you this week. I appreciate all you guys do for me!

Love you guys,

Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment