Monday, September 17, 2012

Dog Days of Red Deer

Hello my dear friends,

We had a pretty rough week again. We had a lot of cancellations it was TOUGH, but it's all good that's missionary life! Still nothing new in terms of investigators either, but things will come around I'm sure. We've been praying and fasting a lot lately, and I know the Lord will throw somebody in our path! We're still having fun though, Elder Cone is the perfect companion for all of this because he's always enthusiastic and optimistic, and I have a tendency to get a little disappointed sometimes :) So we're doing well together!

Elder Cone and I hit our year mark on Friday it was sweet. We didn't really do anything special haha, it was a pretty normal day. On Saturday, however, we went to a member's house and burned a shirt! :) I included a picture of Elder Cone burning his. We used hot dog sticks hahaha. On Thursday I can start playing the "This is the last September 20th I'll have on my mission" game, I'm pretty excited.

I got to do another Baptismal Interview. The YSA Sisters have been teaching a guy named Jordan for a few months now and he' set to be baptized this Saturday. I love doing the interviews because you can really tell how prepared people are in their lives to receive the gospel. He'll do great!

Not a whole lot going on this week. After this week things start to pick up like crazy though. We have Zone Conference, interviews with President, General Conference, exchanges, Canadian Thanksgiving, it's gonna be crazy!

The weather is still holding up pretty well actually. We have had mid 20's weather for the past week it's been way nice. I hate the cold, I don't know what I'm going to do when winter comes around haha. At least I have a car this winter though :) Speaking of, I still don't drive haha. I drove for a couple days a few weeks ago to learn the area better, but I just worry about tickets the whole time so I'm back in the passenger seat :)

Other than that I have nothing nifty to report! Thanks for all the prayers you send our way, we can definitely use them :) PS I included a picture of a sunset we saw. Tell me that isn't flippin sweet!

Love you guys,

Elder Read


No comments:

Post a Comment