Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Another Transfer Down!

Family,

So Labor Day was yesterday, as I'm sure most of you are aware :) and so libraries were closed.

What a fast 6 weeks! It's unbelievable how fast time passes out here. I feel like I was just in Spruce yesterday! So transfers were pretty boring for us! We bet 5 cookies each in district meeting last week, everyone but me saying that Elder Cone would leave, and I'm happy to report that Elder Cone and I will stay together another 6 weeks which means I win :) I've only had one companion so far that wasn't with me for 12 weeks and that was Elder Wood, who was for 6.

So this week was slow for investigators but was pretty solid in terms of less-actives. We've been meeting with a few and tone of them came to church on Sunday for the first time in years. It was pretty much like having an investigator there because it's been so long for him haha it was sweet! It's cool to see the lost sheep finding their way back to the fold. We're still looking for investigators! It's been a good week though, we're trying to stay positive haha :) I'm still getting over this cold but it's pretty well finished I think.

Yeah that bike is sweet! I put new tubes in the tires and fixed up the brakes and she works like a charm! Road bikes are way better than mountain bikes I love it I can ride circles around Elder Cone on his little doinker of a bike :)

So we've had a lot of cancellations this week, especially for dinners. So one of the nights we were canceled on, we decided to eat the pain away at a buffet....just kidding, but seriously we really went out to a buffet. We went to this Chinese/western buffet and when we walked in this member from Lethbridge introduced himself while we were in line, then went back to sit with his family. After Elder Cone and I finished eating, we went to go pay, and as soon I got up to the counter, I felt someone grab the bill out of my hand and say "I'll take that!" It was the member and he totally paid for us it was awesome :)

That's sweet that you finished Bryant's Eagle Project. How many merit badges does he still have to get? Man I can't believe Craig comes home soon!! That''ll be cool :) I've almost been out a year! Next Friday! Don't worry mom we only burn stuff outside ya crazy! I already have the shirt picked out to burn. It's a junky one with a bunch of stains on it. I could definitely use new ones haha. And shoes but it's all good I can wait.

Anyways that's all I have for this week! I think. Have a good week!

Love you guys,

Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment