Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Canada Day!

Heyoo

It's so hot here! Yesterday it got up to 36 C......I don't know what that is in Fahrenheit, somewhere around 95 I think? Anyways it was seriously so hot. Our apartment is only on the second floor though so it's not as hot as it certainly could be. Elder Thompson has been DYING! Haha he hates the heat, he reminds me of Elder Nabrotzky last Summer.

Hey Mom funny you should ask about learning "O Canada", because I put the words up in the shower the other day and have been trying to memorize it every morning :)

Naomi's doing pretty good. We taught her this morning and read a little out of the Book of Mormon with her. She likes to read a chapter out of the Bible and a chapter out of the Book of Mormon. I think it's helping her come to see that they're pretty similar. She's coming along slowly but she's a sweet lady. The two ladies we have coming with us are both converts and they help a ton. Members make the BIGGEST difference in missionary work, especially teaching lessons.

Hey President Manion's here! I haven't actually met him yet, but he's coming up next Tuesday to interview our zone. It's sad to see the Campbells go though.

So apparently sometime in the future Elder W. Craig Zwick of the Seventy is coming to tour our mission. It should be in the Summer too so hopefully I'm still out. I'm stoked though the're always inspiring.

So yesterday was Canada Day and was pretty boring haha. We shopped at noon and then pretty much came home and slept/watched church movies ha. There was some kind of event happening in town but you had to pay to do anything so we just took the day off it was sweet! (We were supposed to do that, by the way haha don't think we were being disobedient)

We had exchanges with Valleyview on Friday and Saturday we had District Meeting. Four-man districts are so much quieter (obviously) than 6 or 8. It was good though. I went with Elder Stewart from Gilbert Arizona he's sweet.

I don't have much more than that! That is sooo sweet that the missionaries are playing basketball with people in the mornings I want in! Anyways you guys have a good week!

Love Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment