Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Mom :)

Hey family of mine!

Before I forget, Happy early Birthday Mom! :) Hope you enjoy it!

The rain has pretty much disappeared (knock on wood) so it's been a good week regardless of anything else haha. Yesterday was so hot!

Yeah we got to see the broadcast yesterday! Did President Monson look skinnier to you? We were all hoping for some historic announcement but the best we got was when Elder Perry talked about new technology! iPads would be cool :) It stinks that I won't get to see much of it. It's an exciting time to be a missionary! I'm so glad I got to witness the Hastening of the Work it's been so cool from a missionary perspective. The whole feel of missionary work has changed a lot. When President Monson talked about the town of St. Thomas, everyone in our building was like, "that's High Prairie!!!" Especially when they talked about the same people doing everything every week at church haha.

We met with Naomi twice this week and she's solid! She has a lot of questions, and like a lot of people her hang-up is with Joseph Smith, so we talked a lot about reading the Book of Mormon and how that's the only way she'll know it's true. It's hard sometimes asking people to take that big of a leap of faith, but if only they'd try it!

We started doing service at another retirement home here in town, but it's more for older people with medical problems, and let me tell you, I love them! They are the funniest people. We were taking some people into one of the rooms for an activity, and one of the resident ladies said "I'm going to my wedding party!" I looked up at the nurse, wondering what she was talking about, and she told me that last time not many people came to the activity and this particular lady had gotten upset because nobody had showed up to her wedding :( so she was excited to see if anyone showed up to the party afterwards! They have us going around and just talking with the residents, it's been fun they're funny funny people.

Hey I got my famous "trunky call" this week from the mission office. All she asked was where I wanted to fly into and I told her P-Town, Oregon!

I'm still amazed that we have missionaries living in our house by the way, do they walk the house like normal residents? Where do they eat? Do they use our bathroom? How do they like their room? Haha it's sweet I hope they're there when I get home!

That's pretty much my week! You guys have a good one and I'll to ya later.

Love Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment