Monday, June 17, 2013

Happy Father's Day, Dad!

I don't want to sound trunky or anything, but I may or may not have 12 weeks left on my mission! Today was transfers and Elder Thompson and I stayed the same which was pretty much anticipated. President did call this morning and ask me to be District Leader....again haha. They opened Fairview, an area about an hour north, so they split our district, and it's now us and Valleyview.

We had Zone Training Meeting in Grande Prairie on Tuesday, so we drove in and then exchanged with Peace River right after. I went to their area with Elder Hunsaker and it was sweet! Like I said lats week we'd been on exchanges when I was in Millcreek so it was just like old times! They even got us another desk and chair, so our apartment is pretty much functional! We just need an iron and ironing board haha.

Man I can't believe Kyle's home! He picked a lame time to leave but a good time to get home, right in time for Summer! Tell him I love him :)

It rained all week, so not much has changed there. Today is sunny, but tomorrow is supposed to go right back to rain. I think I prefer tracting in snow haha.

We didn't teach any investigators this week so it was pretty slow, but we have an appointment with a lady named Naomi tomorrow morning. She was that referral from the Slave Lake elders. She's super solid and we stopped by yesterday to see how she was doing and ended up talking on her doorstep for about an hour it was sweet. She asked us if she needed to read anything before the visit so we jumped all over that! Haha. We're excited.

Okay we're heading out, have a good week!

Love ya!

Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment