Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Mother Read!
 
One of the missionaries in the area north of us went home last transfer, and left a brand new scale! So we decided to weigh ourselves! Bad idea. Who would have known I've gained 10 pounds since I entered the MTC? Members here feed us soooo much though I wish I could say I'm surprised. My goal is to lose it by New Years! This week the snow officially fell. And fell, and fell, and fell. Welcome to the Great White North! It snowed from Monday until Wenesday night, and then the temeperature plumetted and it's been -20 C for the last week or so. I've never felt cold like this! I'll probably die. We made a district rule that if anyone slipped on the ice and ended up on their back, they had to buy district donuts. I was so excited! An then I fell the first day. So donuts next Thursday! Haha other than that it's been a good week. Hey! We were at our Ward Mission Leader's house and they were asking what I was asking my parents for for Christmas, and so I told them I didn't really know, but that I needed my pea coat. So the son goes into his room an comes out with a pea coat that he said is too small for him, was 20 bucks, and he didn't want! It's sweet! So now you don't have to cram mine into a box :) I was pretty excited. Other than that, I have no idea what I want for Christmas haha. My CD player, the speaker, and whatever else you want to send! I'll let you know if I think of anything else. Okay so I attached some of the pictures from the soap incident! Haha they're pretty hilarious. There's also a picture of the Balut! Tell Bishop Keldson R-rated material is all you'll find in these emails. Just kidding. But seriously, it was delicious. In the picture with Elder Merrell, his beard looks way better. The hat I was wearing popped all of my bubbles :( There's a picture of the disaster in the kitchen haha, and a classic Steven picture, of course. So yeah it's been a good week! We're hopefully having a baptism this Saturday. We've been teaching this girl for the past couple of weeks, actually since I got here. Anyways she's GOLDEN in all aspects of the word. She keeps committments, her best friends are in our ward, we're teaching her at a member' house, she goes to seminary, church, firesides, the whole deal. But her parents won't give permission! There's always a catch. So we've waited a while, we all fasted (incluing her), and we gave the parent consent form to her last night, so we'll find out soon! She's a great person I hope she can be baptized. Other than that it's been pretty slow because of the weather. Haha no one wants to talk to us, and I can't blame them. I wouldn't talk to us either in this weather. The only reason people go outside is to shovel the sidewalk. But that's okay, winter will be sweet. Thanksgiving is Thursday! We're eating at a member's house, and then going to another member's for dessert! Remember that 10 pounds? Yeah, this is why. Bryant's birthday was Wednesday. I remembered right after I wrote him on Monday hahaha I felt bad. So we came back Tuesday and I sent him another email really quick. That's sweet though! Being 16 was the best. But yeah that's about all I got this week! I'll let you know if I think of anything I need for Christmas. Have a good week and a good Thanksgiving! I miss the jello!
 
Love you guys!
 







Elder Read

No comments:

Post a Comment