Monday, November 26, 2012

Transfers

Heyo,

Transfers were this morning, and I'm going to the Millcreek YSA Ward. He just switched our two areas, and so I'm going with Elder Coe, and Elder Wood's coming here to Londonderry with Elder Penrod. It's actually the same Elder Wood that I served with in Southwood! Anyways I'll be in the Bonnie Doone zone and our area covers most of downtown Edmonton haha pretty crazy! I don't know how I feel about going to a YSA but I'm sure it'll be fun! I don't know Elder Coe all that well either, I've just seen him at ZLC. I just know he's younger than me and that he's pretty quiet, so it'll be cool to get to know him. I'm bummed to be leaving Elder Penrod, but I'm glad I'm the one leaving. I definitely didn't know this area well enough ha. But I'll have a car again! I'm just a permanent co-pilot haha. It'll be a crazy transfer for sure.

We had an okay week. Elder Penrod got sick pretty early on and so we spent a lot of time indoors. We just went to set appointments. He was feeling better by the end of the week so we were able to get some work done. We didn't have very much contact with our investigators this week, but we taught Brother Smith on Saturday. President Campbell texted us and asked to go to a teaching appointment with us sometime, so we decided to invite him to this one. We were pretty nervous haha but it went well! He's a good person to teach with, and the lesson went super well. Brother Smith is pretty solid, and we're going to commit him to baptism soon. We want to make sure he's doing it for himself and not his family though.

We went on two exchanges this week. Once with Sturgeon, and another with the Castledowns area. Both are in Edmonton so we didn't have to travel very far. It was good though I love exchanges! Elder Knapphus is from Holiday Utah and said he went to the little elementary school just down the hill from Grandma and Grandpa's house! Small world. He's even thrown rocks at the water tower haha.

Thanksgiving was sweet! We had District Meeting that day so the sisters (of course) planned a thanksgiving dinner for lunch. So each person brought something. I brought mashed potatoes and I even peeled and mashed them myself! Complete with sour cream. You'd be proud momma! It was a lot of fun. We went to dinner at the Calvert's house, and they invited the Spanish Missionaries as well. They're in a trio and so it was the 5 of us, and then like 10 of them. Party! They made the traditional turkey dinner with mashed potatoes and all of that good stuff. It sounds like you guys had a party too! I miss Thanksgiving!

The weather is still cold. But not too bad. It's around -5 but it's been snowing a lot. There's probably around 2 feet of snow laying around everywhere, it never gets warm enough to melt. I'm ready for the rain again!

Other than that I don't think anything else exciting happened this week. I sure am excited to pack all my stuff up again! Haha but I think I'll be with Elder Coe for awhile though so hopefully I won't have to pack up again. It's weird to think this could be my second to last area!

Hey why isn't Encore singing in Sacrament anymore? That was the best! No mom I can't think of anything I need in my package. Honestly I don't need much, I get a lot of packages haha I'm spoiled!

Have a good week and I'll talk to you next week!

Love you guys,

Elder Read

PS I attached pictures, but not all of them fit so I'll send them in different emails, but I'll explain them all here. One is of a cake the Graus family made us last night, another is of me and Elder Penrod with the cake, then all of us with the cake, then one of when we went to Dairy Queen and I got a bigger ice cream cone but we ordered the same size haha, another is of us at the Calvert's for Thanksgiving with Spanish, another is of the district at Thanksgiving, us at the temple, me depressed because we're walking, both of us at a bus stop, and then yours truly at the bus stop! So there you go.










No comments:

Post a Comment