Monday, December 3, 2012

Still the new kid on the block

Yooo,

Man oh man it's been a crazy 4 transfers. I've been the new guy in the ward ever since I left Spruce haha I'm starting to feel like I'm just shadowing my companions. I was only in Red Deer for 2 transfers and then left before Elder Cone, then went to Londonderry for 1 transfer and now I'm in Millcreek it's been weird. I just want to settle down and get to know my area! Hopefully Elder Coe won't crash a car and I'll stay here :)

Millcreek has been sweet so far. Our area pretty much just covers the University of Alberta campus and the surrounding area so 99% of our ward are students and 75% are girls haha it's weird. I feel so disobedient when we meet with a house full of girls haha but it's what we're supposed to do so I just go with it! There are a bunch of returned missionaries in the ward though so they're SUPER missionary-minded so that's nice :) The only problem is that it's hard to get lessons with people because when we try to meet with one person we end up getting the whole house and so we knock out like 5 or 6 members in one lesson. PLUS everyone's leaving for Christmas....our ward won't even meet in the weeks around Christmas haha we don't really know what we're gonna do because Elder Coe's only been here 6 weeks haha. Our area's gonna be dead so we're planning to do a ton of walking around talking to people I guess! We're pretty excited....haha.

We had our ward Christmas party and it was pretty sweet! There was a talent show and it was your typical YSA talent show complete with a guy singing while doing the worm ha. It's a pretty good sized ward though I was surprised.

We spend a lot of time at the Institute building too. They have Friday Forum every....well Friday haha and they feed everybody lunch and they have a guest speaker come in and speak it's pretty sweet!

Yeah Dad our zone's way big actually. We go all the way out to Lloydminster which is right on the border of Saskatchewan, and we go north to Cold Lake so it's sweet! We have a pretty busy transfer too, we're going on exchanges to Vermilion, a little town outside of Lloydminster, next week and we have Christmas Conference, 5 other exchanges, etc. It'll be crazy! But with no ward in a couple of weeks I think we'll be pretty open haha.

Other than that things are going pretty well. It's been -15 for a week straight haha I'm so glad I have a car :) The snow just keeps on falling! It'll probably never melt. We're going on exchanges with the AP's tomorrow so that'll be fun! I also haven't stayed in my area for an exchange since Spruce Grove...at this rate I never will again!

Okay well I'm out of here! We get to go clean our apartment :) I still haven't unpacked either so it'll be good to do that. Have a good week!

Love you guys,

Elder Read

PS - Could you send me Tyler Brown's address? I would very much appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment