Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Beginning of the End!

Hello friends!

Going into this week I thought it would be brutal because I'm always on edge during week 6 but it flew by! It was supposed to be an empty week with nothing to do but once again the Lord provided us with stuff to do it was awesome.

So for starters I watched a dog give birth yesterday! I can now die a happy man, dreams fulfilled. Haha we were at one of the member's houses eating lunch after church, and their pregnant dog just starting giving birth! It was pretty cool, thought you might like to know.

Transfers were today actually, and Elder Thompson and I didn't get a call so we're staying put. Which means he will be the one to kill me off! I don't mind staying in High Prairie, it's nice to know now where I'll be for my last 6 weeks. I'll never have to worry about a transfer call again! :)

We did a lot of service this week. Those same members had us over twice to help them build a dog kennel for the previously mentioned pregnant dog. It was a pretty basic do-it-yourself kennels, but it was still fun. We're still volunteering at the local retirement home, and we did some more yard work this week. I enjoy it. We also went to the hospital and made charts for patients. It was fun for a missionary haha but I don't think I'd enjoy it otherwise.

We did a lot of finding here in High Prairie, but don't have much to show for it. Lame! We've also knocked almost every door in town here so this week I think we're going to start range road tracting! A lot of the solid families live on acreages outside of town so if they won't come to us then we'll go to them haha.

Man it sounds like the Reunion was a success! Dad you advertised the beach very well, I wish I could have been there! I miss the beach.

It rained all day yesterday, but the forecast looks good for this week! August last year was really warm in Red Deer, so hopefully it'll be similar 6 hours north! Ha

Hey by the way I requested my Line of Authority on lds.org and it came today it's pretty sweet!

I think that's all for today! Love you guys have a good week.

Elder Read


No comments:

Post a Comment